Monday 13 August 2012

How Much Calories is There In an Innocuous Biscuit?

Being a Mom of two growing boys - I always have well stocked boxes of biscuits at home and around. So it is quite easy to snack on biscuits when one is hungry or bored. Lately I have developed this habit of taking a packet of biscuits with me to the workplace to satiate my mid - morning hunger.  However looking at the product information on one of the packets gave me a shock. A packet of Rs 5 Britannia Butter Cookies packs in as much as 240 plus calories (the information on the pack says 100 g has 488 Kcal) - equivalent to one hour of power walking or 30 minutes of jogging. So Rs 5 and 3 minutes undos whatever effort one has put in at the gym in a day...pity, when one can so easily do without those biscuits. No wonder I never seem to lose weight!

Apparently even the Britannia Marie Gold or Sunfeast Marie Lite have about 440 calories per 100 gm. (I am yet to study their packs - this information is from the web). So much for healthier biscuiting options! The bottomline is  - please dont follow a biscuit and water diet for weight loss - its NEVER going to work.





No comments:

Post a Comment