Wednesday 15 August 2012

Using Gym Vibration Plates

Our gym has two brand new vibration plates. The gym trainers are advocating the use of those plates a lot. In fact one trainer suggested using the plates for 10 minutes would be equivalent of 100 push-ups. How true is that? I have no idea - but I doubt it. Yesterday I tried to do some upper body workout on the plates, kneeling down with the elbows on the plates. The body seemed to get a proper jingle - but I felt my brain pop out too! I think I will stick to standing on the plates and let my hips wiggle :-)

PS - Have been doing some more research on Gym Vibration Plates. While some dismiss the current vibration machine fad as a scam - there are many others fitness experts who are swearing by its efficacy.  The Russians apparently used it in their Space program and managed to stay for the longest period in a closed vehicle. It helped them lose less muscle mass and keep fit.

While the above is proven fact - I guess its the quality of machines, proper use that make the difference. Apparently the machines also assist to reverse osteoporosis!! So ladies it appears to be a much needed fitness equipment!

The price ranges from USD 200 to 2000. Check out some Vibration plates at Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment